A Message From Our PTA President
Dear Dahlia Community,
Welcome to the Dahlia Heights PTA!
The Dahlia Heights PTA is a gathering place for all to support our school and to help our children grow into strong, compassionate and capable adults.
What makes PTA different from other school organizations is that your membership makes you part of a large state and national organization with a united, powerful voice for kids. Dominating PTA’s work at the present is securing a balanced, adequate, and sustainable source of funding for education.
We also have a good deal of fun.
Please join us at our monthly meetings (second Tuesday of the month) and upcoming events. Some events are held for the purpose of building community and the aforementioned fun, while others are to raise money for education, enrichment activities, and physical improvements that make Dahlia a great place to go to school.
Your Dahlia To-Do List:
Become a PTA member today and stay engaged!
Laura Horn, PTA President
Why become a PTA member?
- Benefits your child and the school. Research has proven that kids do better in school when parents are involved. Grades are higher, test scores improve, and attendance increases.
- Connects you to a network. The PTA and its functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, build rapport, and discuss ideas.
- Means more informed parents. Parents involved in the PTA understand the challenges the school faces and become part of the solution. They support improving education – both locally and legislatively – and as a result, schools develop a positive reputation in the community.
- Boosts children’s well-being. PTAs focus on what students need in order to be successful in school, including the benefits of good nutrition and health, physical fitness, and school safety.
- Gets you connected and gives you a voice. There’s no better way to know what’s happening in your school than by being part of the PTA. Because the PTA is a forum for exchanging ideas, you are encouraged to make suggestions, and in this way, more effectively create change at your school.
- Improves your skills. By volunteering with the PTA, you gain valuable experiences. It’s an opportunity to put your skills and hobbies to good use for a great cause!
- Results in school improvement. PTAs play an important role in fundraising, which provides building improvements, curriculum-based programs, and social events – all vital elements to a school’s success.
- Makes you a good role model. By becoming a PTA member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child(ren) the importance you place on education.