A Message From Our PTA President
Hello Dahlia Families,
As the 2014-2015 President of the Dahlia Heights PTA, I'd like to warmly welcome you to our neighborhood school! As a PTA, it is our goal to strengthen and build our community. We hope to do that through our many programs, and we can use your help. We also intend to support the faculty, staff, parents, and most especially our students at Dahlia. Over the years, the PTA has become one of the strongest voices in the educational process that directly supports our children and school. This year will be no different. Your PTA Executive Board has been busy developing the details for a very productive and exciting year aimed at enhancing the educational environment for all of our students.
Your first opportunity to show your support will be to become a member of the Dahlia Heights Elementary School PTA. We encourage each of you to show your commitment by joining. Please be sure to check out our membership incentives.
The second way to show your support will be to participate in the numerous events and programs that we have planned throughout the year. Your participation might be that of a committee member, volunteer, or merely as an attendee. Whatever level of participation you select, your time and involvement will certainly be appreciated. Our first events are coming up quickly, and we hope to see you. See our website at www.dahliapta.org for updates on all the latest Dahlia events, a school calendar, and opportunities to volunteer and fundraise for our school.
You also can show your support a third way by providing us your comments regarding our PTA efforts or suggestions or ideas for other potential PTA initiatives. Please feel free to contact me directly at email@example.com.
See you around school!
- Pat Niessen
Why become a PTA member?
- Benefits your child and the school. Research has proven that kids do better in school when parents are involved. Grades are higher, test scores improve, and attendance increases.
- Connects you to a network. The PTA and its functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, build rapport, and discuss ideas.
- Means more informed parents. Parents involved in the PTA understand the challenges the school faces and become part of the solution. They support improving education – both locally and legislatively – and as a result, schools develop a positive reputation in the community.
- Boosts children’s well-being. PTAs focus on what students need in order to be successful in school, including the benefits of good nutrition and health, physical fitness, and school safety.
- Gets you connected and gives you a voice. There’s no better way to know what’s happening in your school than by being part of the PTA. Because the PTA is a forum for exchanging ideas, you are encouraged to make suggestions, and in this way, more effectively create change at your school.
- Improves your skills. By volunteering with the PTA, you gain valuable experiences. It’s an opportunity to put your skills and hobbies to good use for a great cause!
- Results in school improvement. PTAs play an important role in fundraising, which provides building improvements, curriculum-based programs, and social events – all vital elements to a school’s success.
- Makes you a good role model. By becoming a PTA member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child(ren) the importance you place on education.