Funding By The PTA
Great programs require great support!
Did you know that through fundraising, the PTA pays for:
- Art, Dance, Music and Theater Teachers in the classroom and Visiting Artists
- Teaching Assistants in the classroom
- Yoga classes for students
- Field trips and admission fees
- Facility improvements, including vegetable gardens, garden supplies, and interior and exterior landscaping
- Computers and technology for students and teachers
- Guest lectures
- Educational assemblies
- Commencement activities
- Classroom supplies, and
- Teacher projects
These programs are critical components of your children’s educational experience. However, without your support, they would not exist.
Annual Fund Drive
The PTA's Annual Fund Drive helps bridge the funding gap that grows greater each year in public education. Fundraising is an important source of support for student achievement, classroom needs, technology improvement, and enrichment opportunities for students at Dahlia Heights. The Annual Fund takes place each October.
The 2014-2015 PTA Annual Fund raised over $50,000 to pay for crucial classroom services like Arts Education and Teaching Assistants that Dahlia Heights lost when its Title 1 funding was eliminated. Many thanks to each and every family who participated in the Annual Fund. Every gift is valued and makes a difference at our school.