Please make yourself and your child familiar with the important resources and information for all District students and guardians contained in the Student Handbook.
The Dress Code
Uniforms are not required at Dahlia Heights, but please keep in mind that:
- Children should be dressed in a manner which is clean, safe, and does not detract from the learning environment.
- Avoid brief and midriff-baring fashions.
- Students play and participate in physical activities during recess, lunch and physical education, so please provide your child with appropriate closed-toe, flat-heeled shoes or sneakers. Shoe laces must be properly tied.
- No open-toed sandals or flip flops are allowed at school.
- In the interest of safety, no long dresses, extremely long pants, or hoop earrings larger than 1/4 inch in diameter should be worn.
- Students may not wear hats in class, but may wear Dahlia Heights school hats or plain caps on the schoolyard.
- Students wearing clothing with inappropriate wording or graphics will be asked to turn the clothing inside out or call home for a change of clothing.
Code of Conduct
Dahlia Heights expects every child and staff member to be:
- Responsible, and